Thursday, November 29, 2012

HOW TO GET HER ON A DATE

Ok, so you met a girl at a bar or at the park or somewhere else and the interaction seemed to have gone pretty well and you got her phone number. Now what do you do?

If you're the average PUA, you probably think you should bust out your best "text game" tactics and text her. Now, this isn't totally incorrect, but I want to offer you a mental switch, because even more than texting her, your real goal should be to get her on the phone. Why is this? Well, it's because your REAL goal (yes, even more real than getting her on the phone) is to get her on a DATE. And what's the best way to get a girl on a date? On the phone. Not through text. Texting is best used as a bridge to prevent things from getting stale and as a bridge to a phone call.

If this is obvious to you already, that's good, but I get lots of questions from guys who are curious how they should get a girl on a date and the first mistake that MOST of them make is asking girls out through text. YOU are probably guilty of this. There are lots of reasons why asking a girl on a date is MUCH better on the phone than through text. This is pretty much always true, but it's ESPECIALLY true if you had a short initial interaction with her and even more true if you never met the girl in person at all (like if you met her online or it's a blind date). The reason is that on the phone you become much more of a real person than you are through text. A girl has to know that the date won't be awkward (most girls hate being in awkward situations), so if you can have a 30 minute phone conversation with her that isn't awkward and keeps her entertained, she'll be much more likely to want to go on a date with you.

So, stop trying to set up dates through text and grow some balls and call her! I'm serious!

Now of course this doesn't mean that I don't text girls. I usually text a girl the same day I met her if I met her during the daytime or the I'll text her the next day if I met her at night. BUT, I ALWAYS call girls when I'm trying to get them on a date.

(I also want to point out the fact that a lot of guys will sloppily get a girl's phone number and then when the girl starts to flake, the guy will want to know all sorts of ninja techniques to get her interested enough to go on a date with him. The truth of the matter is that if a girl is flaking on you, it most likely is because of something you did or didn't do in the initial interaction. Yes, there are techniques to get a girl who is flaking to turn around, but NONE of them work as well as doing everything properly in the initial interaction and then striking while the iron's hot and calling her.)

Now, after we've texted a little bit back and forth (maybe for a day or two) it's about time for me to get this girl on the phone and set up a date with her. I don't want to wait more than a few days after we met to call her, because it's ALWAYS BETTER TO STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT.
So, in order to get her on the phone, I'll send her a text like this:

"Hahaa omg something totally just reminded me of you."

99% of the time, she'll text back something like "Omg what is it?!?"

Then I'll just respond "Hold on, I'm kinda busy right now, I'll call you in a little bit. Haha it's pretty funny."

Now she'll be eager to pick up the phone when I call because she'll be curious what reminded me of her. Super easy. Before I started using those 2 lines, I would say about 5 out of 10 girls picked up the phone when I called. After starting to use just those 2 simple lines, my percentages changed to about 9 out of 10. I'm not kidding. Nowadays, usually the only time a girl won't pick up the phone when I call is because she genuinely is busy. But most of the time, girls will pick up when I call.

Then, when I call her (usually about an hour later, sometimes more) I'll go right into the story. I used to use "The Gym Fart Story" which I learned from Sinn, which is basically just a story about a girl who farted in the gym. Nowadays, I've been using a story from my actual life, which is just about this 5 year old kid in my taekwon do class who peed all over himself by accident. (The 2 stories in more detail are posted at the bottom of this post.) These stories are a great way to get over that initial awkwardness when you talk to somebody on the phone for the first time, which is especially prevalent in the generation of people under 30 (which includes myself) since young people today spend less and less time on the phone and more and more time with other types of communication (i.e. texting, facebook etc.) They get passed that awkwardness and get the girl laughing pretty much immediately. Its great. Then, when I'm done telling my quick little story, I'll just simply transition into a normal conversation. "What are you up to right now? I'm doing blah blah blah." I'll literally just talk about things I'm excited for that are coming up in my life, ask about whats going on in her life etc. I usually have a pretty normal conversation on the phone, spiced up with teases and stuff like that here and there. Again, the girl already likes me, I don't have to do anything too crazy.

When I ask girls on a date, I keep it VERY simple most of the time. After we've been talking for about 30 minutes (the longer the better, but don't think that you HAVE to have a 2 hour conversation) I'll simply say "You're adorable and you seem really cool so far. Whats you're schedule like for the next few days?" I'm basically just "assuming the sale" as they say in the sales world or "assuming that date." This should work for you most of the time. DON'T OVERTHINK IT! That's generally all you need. If you got her number and you having been texting back and forth and then you had a 30 minute fun, flirty, interesting phone call, then its already assumed that you guys at least sort of like each other, so it should also be assumed that you're going to go on a date with her. Gotta have the winner's mentality.

There are more complex ways of getting her on a date, but those will be for a more advanced post. But, honestly, I use this sequence most of the time. Fuck doing extra shit, because a lot of the time, you don't need extra shit.

So, next time you want to get a girl on a date:
1. CALL HER
2. USE THOSE 2 LINES TO GET HER TO PICK UP THE PHONE
3.THEN, SIMPLY ASK HER ON A DATE




Hope that helps!

E-mail me with any specific questions. blackandwhitepickup@gmail.com




*Gym Fart Story*
So I was at the gym today with my friend Emma. Normally I workout at home, but she always wants me to go to the gym with her, because she loves having a gym buddy. But anyway, I was at the gym and there is this girl who's like literally always there. Like, I swear she lives at the gym. She's there everytime I go. I've said hi to her a few times, but I've never actually had a conversation with her. So, we were working out right next to each other and its really quiet in the gym, nobody's talking, everybodys just doing their own thing working out and all of a sudden....(pause)...she lets out the loudest...(pause) fart in the entire world. (At this point I'm half laughing as I'm talking.) Like, I'm sure it wasn't actually that loud, but since everybody was so quiet it felt like the loudest thing ever. At first I wasn't laughing, eventhough I thought it was hilarious. I didn't want to make the girl any more embaressed than she already was, but I heard my friend kind of snicker in the background and once I heard that I just let out a loud laugh. Haha, I felt so bad for her. And for a little bit she was trying to play it off, but after a minute she walked out of the gym. She was probably so embaressed hahaa. But anyway, the reason it reminded me of you is because when I left the gym, I saw her standing outside, so I decided that I had to go over and talk to her because I didn't want her to feel awkward. I don't even remember what I said to her, but I struck up a conversation with her and she's actually really cool, like I think we're kinda friends now, but anyway her name is Sarah and obviously YOUR name is Sarah so I just thought it was weird that I met two people named Sarah within a few days of each other.
OR..but anyway, she's really into soccer and you said you're really into soccer too, so I just thought it was weird that I met 2 people really into soccer within a few days of each other. Thats all."
Credit: Sinn




*Kid Pees Himself Story*
I was at my Taekwon Do class today and before class started I went to the bathroom and I while I was at the urinal, this little kid who's in my class, named Ryan comes in. He's like 5 years old. Its an all age, all skill level class. So anyway, he comes in and he walks into the stall to pee and he immediately he walks right out of the stall because somebody had left a huge disgusting mess in the toilet. So his only other option is to use the one urinal in there. Its a small bathroom. But, that urinal is too tall for him. So, while I'm washing my hands, I see him struggling trying to pee in the this urinal thats too tall for him and he ends up peeing all over himself. I'm like "Ryan, you alright? You need help?" He didn't even answer me because he was obviously embarressed and he ran out of the bathroom with pee all over his taekwon do pants. (You should be half laughing and half showing that you felt concerned for him). He was sooooo embarressed, he just sat in the back of class with his head down for a while. I felt bad for him. But anyway, the reason it reminded me of you is because I was talking to his dad after class and he started talking about xyz and when I met you, YOU were talking about xyz (soccer, art, reading, a particular movie etc. ANYthing you guys talked about in your initial interaction with the girl.)

As you can see, in both of these stories, the reason for why the story reminded you of the girl is almost irrelevant. The only reasons I tell her the story is to get her on the phone in the first place and to get a laugh out of her pretty quickly after getting her on the phone. I like the Kid Pees Himself Story because it gets 2 emotions out of the girl. If you tell the story right, she should be laughing and saying "awwwww" at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment