Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Staying OUT of the FRIEND ZONE!

Its funny, staying out of the friend zone is not even something that crosses my mind anymore because its such a non-issue to me, but when I go on forums, it seems like there are always questions from guys who are concerned that they might fall into the friend zone with a particular girl they're after.

If you are concerned that you might fall into the friend zone with a girl, it is BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HITTING ON HER. If you hit on a girl (i.e express sexual interest in her) then you WILL NOT fall into the friend zone. At that point its just a matter of whether or not she accepts your interest in her and shows interest back. So, with that said, the question guys should ask is:

"How should I express interest in this girl I'm talking to?"

So, that will be the question I will answer in this post, because displaying sexual interest in a girl is the best way to stay out of the friend zone. There's no way around it.

Lets get started. First of all, I'd also like to point out that fact that I rarely do indirect anymore. I only do indirect when going direct would just be weird and unnecessary. If I feel like I could go direct OR indirect, than I will almost always go direct. I do this for a bunch of reasons. One, it saves time because it cuts out a lot of bullshit, but also it shows sexual interest right from the beginning so there's NO way I could possibly fall into the friend zone if I'm showing interest in her from the second I met her. (When it's better to go direct and when it's better to go indirect and the pros and cons of each will be for another blog post.)
Now, even when I go indirect, I express interest in the girl as quick as possible. I might say something like:

"You're adorable. Ughh, I hate you!"
Of course this is just a quick push-pull line, but it still gets it out on the table that I think she's adorable.

Or I might say something like:

"You're adorable. And that's awesome that you're into xyz. I love people who do xyz. This is bad, I'm totally gonna have to start hitting on you in the middle of this library/grocery store/coffee shop etc. I have no shame in my game :)"

You can always just throw these lines out there and see how the girl reacts to it (assuming that the set is AT LEAST going OK), but if you feel the need to show a little bit softer interest in her first, you can basically just relate things about her back to girls you've dated in the past and compliment her on it "OMG, you do xyz? I used to date a girl who did xyz, she was awesome, so I guess I can assume you're awesome too...hopefully."

or

"Thank god you don't do xyz, I used to date a girl who did xyz and she was a little weird, so hopefully you're sane."

(That's basically just qualification, which is another big piece of this puzzle, but a more in depth post on qualification will come later.)

Either way, you are going to have to compliment her and express interest in her. You can immediately follow your compliment with a tease ("Ugh I hate you!" "I can't even talk to you anymore!" "But you ARE very dorky."), but even you follow your compliments with a tease, you still have to compliment her!!

If you find yourself in the friend zone with a girl, I can almost GUARANTEE that you did not display sexual interest in her. If you did display sexual interest in her and she still puts you in the friend zone, then she is simply just not into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment